The Maple Booster Club is a non-profit Parents Association, formed to support the dancers of the Maple Academy. The mission statement for the MBC is:
"We are an organization committed to the support of the students and families of Maple Academy. Our goal is to provide an enriched experience as our school's dancers compete, perform and learn the art of Irish dance."
The MBC is an active fundraising organization with the express goal of helping families navigate all that Irish Dance involves. Many families have already benefited from some of the programs that the MBC supports and promotes. For example, the used dress and shoe resale programs have been tremendously successful for both sellers and buyers.
Here is a short list of future programs the MBC would like to initiate:
- Updated Student Directory: This will also have valuable information on feiseanna, dressmakers, Oireachtas, Irish Dance suppliers, and informative Irish Dance websites.
- Annual Maple Picnic
- Yard Sale: Semi-annual ReStore yard sale.
- Fundraising: The MBC will hold a variety of fundraising activities to help offset costs of costumes, school spirit wear, wigs, travel, competition fees, and/or scholarships.
- Irish Cultural Events: Organize trips and secure possible discounts
- Family fun nights: to bring the school together in a fun and social atmosphere
- Performances and Dance Outs: to spread Irish culture everywhere
Whether your student is a competitive dancer or not, the MBC will provide benefits
to all students. We ask that all parents volunteer and support the MBC endeavors.
If you have questions, or to join the MBC, please send an email to MapleBoosterClub@gmail.com.
We sincerely hope to make this a very successful parent organization that will grow with the school and our students.
Current MBC Board
Co-President: Colleen Brickley
Co-President: Nancy Wiegand
Secretary: Heather Welch
Treasurer: Sioban Maguire Nalda
Member at Large: Kathleen Gallaher